Community Cruiser Coordinator
Work Status: Temporary
About the Role
104.5 Fresh Radio & boom 101.9 have a great opportunity within our Promotions/Marketing Department for a “Summer Cruiser Events Personality”. Our preferred candidate will be an energetic, community-oriented individual who enjoys interacting with people at local events and festivals. Someone who is sincerely interested in learning about our people, radio stations and websites. A conversational individual who will share the benefits of consuming our brands with new and existing listeners.
We are looking for someone who has a great smile and is not afraid to show it everyday. Someone who is very personable. Someone who is outgoing and energetic. Someone who is passionate about meeting people and telling them about our people and brands. We’re looking for a person who is self-motivated, mature, a “creative thinker”, a problem solver, and organized.
If this sounds like you, send us your resume and best demo today!
- Represent our radio station in a positive fashion at all community events and festivals
- “Positively” promote our radio stations, websites, summer cruiser program and client sponsors
- Take initiative by approaching people and mingling with crowds at all events
- Hand out station “swag” and client sponsor “samples” at events
- Have a passion for the music we play and/or a willingness to embrace the formats
- Keep the station vehicle clean and presentable at all times throughout the summer
- Evening and weekend work is absolutely expected and required including statutory holidays
What We Need From You:
- Must posses a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must have a “clean” driving record – no infractions or convictions
- Must be able to provide an acceptable “Driver’s Abstract” upon request
- Ability to speak the English language clearly with expression and confidence (on and off the air)
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Word and Internet Explorer and basic web-site maintenance
- Must have a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume & demo by March 27th, 2017 to:
Krista Datars – Promotions Manager
709 Cotton Mill Street, Cornwall, Ontario, K6H 5V1
Email Address: Krista.Datars@corusent.com
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.