As we sat on the deck last night and enjoyed a quiet evening something went terribly wrong when my barbecue burst into flames! The fire just kept growing and growing to the point when we had to move it away from the railing of the deck. There was black smoke and flames shooting out everywhere.
It was pretty much out when the South Stormont Fire Department showed up but the BBQ was still piping hot since it was burning at around 600 degrees. They moved it off the deck and into the front yard to let it cool down.
Most of the temperature knobs are melted and cannot be turned anymore so my grill is scrap metal. The lesson here is clean your grill often it you barbecue a lot all year long.
There is a bright side to all of this…I now have a reason to invest in a Traeger Grill! I’ll be swinging by Fines Home Hardware in Ingleside this week to pick it up.