Think you know your Cornwall history…try this quiz and see how many of these you can answer without Google or phoning a friend.
1. What was the original name of our fair city before we were known as Cornwall?
2. What was the name of the resto/night club and another subsequent restaurant chain that used to be where Shoeless Joe’s currently stands on Brookdale Avenue?
3. You can park on George Assaly Lane in Downtown Cornwall. Which Pitt Street business did he own for years?
4. Many people know The Port Theatre. What was its original name?
5. Remember the old Brookdale Mall? What was its mascot’s name?
6. Can you name the three head coaches to win a Memorial Cup with the Cornwall Royals in 1972, 1980 and 1981?
7. It’s now Esca Gourmet Pizza + Bar. What was it before?
8. Our first “full time” mayor served from 1975 to 1985 who was it?
9. What year did the Seaway International Bridge North Channel Bridge connecting Cornwall to Cornwall Island open?
10. When the Royals played at the civic complex what was the first restaurant inside called?