Every once and a while, stuff gets in my head and I gotta let it out so bear with me.
1. There is nothing wrong with Miley Cyrus! The problem is with us. Allegedly, the president of Syria gassed a percentage of his own people, and we concerned about a pop artist who shook what her mama gave her on an awards show. Please, priorities people.
2. I will be happy to announce one day to you that the term “Parliamentary Senator” will no longer exist. The government must abolish the Senate. It is nothing but a Tax Payer Succubus full of patronage appointments. BTW, only one federal party has endorsed abolishing the Senate and they are in opposition in Ottawa.
3. Computers are here to stay. It doesn’t matter which type you have, Mac or PC, the PDF form of presenting documents is available and free. I’ve used it for years and it allows me to send a document that cannot be altered through the e-mail process. If your computer cannot read PDF files you’re officially in the technical dark ages which I believe go back to 1998. Get with the times.
4. My 3 year old asked for”Help” last night. It’s not the first time he’s asked for it but it’s the first time he’s vocalized it. Til last night he’s used sign language to ask. I’m proud of the little bugger.
5. Disappointed with the Russian Olympic hockey team, who this week unveiled their new NIKE jersey’s to the world but when asked about the Russian anti-gay law either offered “No Comment” or out-right agreed with it. Guess they didn’t want to take any chances of mysteriously getting cut from the team or worse, mysteriously disappearing. Seems to me the Cold War is not quite over.
6. If you eat something (cronut burger) that boasts over 7000 calories and get sick, don’t be shocked. What did you think was going to happen?
7. The next Federal election will be about marijuana. No matter what the other parties table as important to them, Canadians want to put this issue to rest once and for all and with the Liberal Leader’s admission last week that he has smoked up since becoming an MP, the Liberals will have the advantage.
8. If we could not have explosions happen at Plastics Plants in Cornwall, that would be great.
9. I’m very excited about some upcoming events in Cornwall and I hope you will be too. They include but are not limited to Kinsman FallFest in September, the kick off breakfast for the United Way’s annual campaign in a couple weeks, and our Monthly Chamber Pub Nite’s are returning at the end of September at Katerina’s in Riverdale. Hope to see you there.
10. Summer’s not over yet. I think that we will have a spectacular September weather wise. Mother Nature owes us one.
Feel free let me know what you think by leaving a comment here or e-mailing me anytime at email@example.com